Whether you are a parent or caregiver, we hope the questions listed below provide a valuable resource.
Monday to Friday
8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
School Year/After-School Program Hours:
Monday to Friday
3:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.
Summer Program Hours:
Monday to Friday
7:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Breakfast is served until 8:45 A.M.; programming begins at 9:00 A.M.
The majority of NorthStar’s students attend Omaha Public Schools during the school year. For this reason, NorthStar follows the OPS calendar for holidays and breaks as well as inclement weather closures.
- OPS Early Dismissal/Half Days: When OPS dismisses school early or has a half-day, NorthStar will NOT have programming on those days.
- OPS Vacation/Staff Development Days: NorthStar will be closed during OPS semester breaks (Winter Break and Spring Break), holiday breaks, and for OPS staff development/training days. Parents/guardians should check with NorthStar staff to confirm schedules.
- OPS Inclement Weather Closures: When OPS cancels school and/or after-school activities due to inclement weather, NorthStar will NOT have programming on those days.
NorthStar will be closed whenever OPS is closed due to inclement weather. NorthStar will close if OPS schools are dismissed early due to inclement weather, when OPS after-school activities are cancelled, or whenever there is an unexpected event that impacts the safety of our site.
Please call the NorthStar Welcome Desk at 402-614-6360 ext. 210 for information on closings.
NorthStar follows the OPS calendar. Please follow the OPS calendar to see if NorthStar will be open. Students may NOT be dropped off when OPS is not in session.
After-School Programming (includes Camp NorthStar): $100
Camp NorthStar ONLY: $75
Fall/Winter Basketball: $50 deposit
Parents must pay 50% of fees before the student(s) can start in their program.
To register your son for NorthStar programming, please fill out the enrollment packet. Packets can be filled out online & emailed to Rose, our Outreach & Enrollment Coordinator, at email@example.com. Please note that we will need a physical signature on all enrollment packets. Parents/guardians may also pick up a paper copy at NorthStar during our office/administration hours.
Students must re-register each fall for the after-school program and Camp NorthStar. After-school enrollment packets are available in July for the upcoming school year, and Camp NorthStar registration beings in March for the upcoming summer. For more information on enrollment, please contact Rose, our Outreach & Enrollment Coordinator at 402-614-6360 ext. 208.
Enrollment fees for basketball, lacrosse, and soccer can be made through the TeamSnap app. Once you have joined NorthStar’s TeamSnap account, you will be sent an invoice and may make an online payment by following the prompts.
Online payments for after-school and summer enrollment are not accepted at this time. To pay with a credit or debit card, please call Krysta, our Development Associate, at 402-614-6360 ext. 214. Cash & check payments can be brought to NorthStar during our office/administration hours.
Parents/guardians should indicate which pick-up option(s) is approved for their student when completing the registration packet.
Option A: Parents/guardians walk into the building to check their student(s) out. Your student will not be released into the care of anyone other than persons on the designated pick-up list as indicated in the enrollment packet. Adults picking up boys from NorthStar may be asked to show a photo ID. This may slow down the check-out process until we are familiar with individual families.
Option B: Parents/guardians call the registration desk (402-614-6360 ext. 210) and request that their student(s) meet them outside. Adults who wish to use this option will need to make sure the proper paperwork is on file or that student will not be allowed to leave the building. If this option is approved by a parent/guardian, NorthStar is not responsible for the student once he signs out and exits the building.
Option C: Parents give their student(s) permission to walk home. If a parent wishes to use this option they must make sure the proper paperwork is on file or that student will not be allowed to leave the building. A “Walk Home Release Form” will give students permission to be released from NorthStar to walk home.
We understand an occasional incident will arise where you may be late in picking up your son. Please call NorthStar immediately at 402-614-6360 ext. 210 if this is the case. If your son is not picked up by closing time, the primary parent/guardian will be called, and then others on the approved pick-up list. If the parent/guardian or emergency contact cannot be reached, staff will be forced to call the Omaha Police Department. In the case of a late pick-up, staff will discuss the matter with the parent/guardian and assess a late fee.
Student safety is our highest priority at NorthStar. For that reason, we are concerned when any student is still here after our 7:00 P.M. dismissal. NorthStar is not, and cannot be, staffed to provide supervision for students in these situations; hiring extra personnel to supervise is beyond our financial resources. All late pick up fees must be paid before the student can return.
After School Program (August – May)
- Dismissal time is 7:00 P.M.
- Late Fees begin at 7:30 P.M.
- 7:30 P.M. – $20.00 fee
- 7:45 P.M. – $25.00 fee
- 8:00 P.M. – Contact Omaha Police Department
Camp NorthStar (June –July only)
- Dismissal time is 5:00 P.M.
- Late Fees begin at 5:30 P.M.
- 5:30 P.M. – $20.00 fee
- 5:45 P.M. – $25.00 fee
- 6:00 P.M. – Contact Omaha Police Department
For the 2019-20 school year, NorthStar provides transportation from the schools listed below. Students from other schools in the metro area will need to provide their own transportation.
- Benson High School Magnet
- Buffett Middle School
- Burke High School
- Central High School
- Central Park Elementary
- Creighton Preparatory School
- Davis Middle School
- Fontenelle Elementary
- Hartman Elementary
- Holy Name School
- Jesuit Academy
- King Elementary School
- King Science/Tech Magnet School
- McMillan Magnet Center
- Monroe Middle School
- Nathan Hale Magnet Middle School
- North High Magnet School
- Northwest High School
- Phoenix Academy
- Roncalli Catholic High School
- Sacred Heart School
- Skinner Magnet Center School
- Western Hills Elementary
Boys who are already enrolled in after-school programming have until April 30 to reserve their place in Camp NorthStar summer programming. Students who only attend Camp NorthStar will be able to submit their enrollment packets in the spring.
Note: Students who attend the after-school program but do not reserve their spot for Camp NorthStar by the deadline will be placed on a waiting list and charged an additional $25.
Camp NorthStar begins the first full week of June each year and runs through the last full week of July (eight weeks total).
Camp NorthStar summer programming is available for boys entering 3rd grade to boys entering 9th grade.
NorthStar students attending the after-school program have covered the cost of Camp NorthStar in the after-school program fee.
For students who do not attend the after-school program, Camp NorthStar is $75 for two months of programming. Parents must pay 50% of the student’s fee before they may begin programming.
You may drop your son off anytime between 7:30 A.M. and 9:00 A.M. Students that arrive before 8:45 A.M. will be served breakfast. Programming begins at 9:00 A.M.
Parents can check the week’s Camp NorthStar Programming Calendar to see when their student will be on a field trip that day. In general, all field trips are scheduled to return prior to pick-up time. If for some reason a field-trip is arriving after the regular pick-up time, parents will be notified.
Please check the Camp NorthStar Programming Calendar for specific times of your son’s field trip.
In general, all field trips will return to NorthStar by 4:30 pm. If, for some reason, a field trip is returning after pick-up, parents will be notified of the late return.
Camp NorthStar dismissal is at 5:00 P.M.
Pick-Up Late Fees begin at 5:30 P.M.
5:30 P.M. – $20.00 fee
5:45 P.M. – $25.00 fee
6:00 P.M. – Contact Omaha Police Department
Can students play on a basketball/lacrosse/soccer team if they do not attend the after-school program?
- Non-enrolled students in 5th-8th grade may try out for NorthStar basketball. Tryouts take place in July for the fall season and December for the winter season.
- Non-enrolled boys in 6th-8th grade attending any Omaha area school are invited to try out for NorthStar’s U14 lacrosse team. Tryouts will take place on January 21st, 22nd, 28th, and 29th, 2020.
- Non-enrolled 9th-12th grade boys attending Omaha North, Omaha Northwest, Omaha Benson, and the Omaha Street School are invited to try out for NorthStar Lacrosse. Other high school students may be able to try out if their school does not have an existing lacrosse team or if they have played on a NorthStar lacrosse team in the past. Non-enrolled students will be invited to try out in January 2020.
- Non-enrolled students in 3rd-6th grade may try out for NorthStar soccer. Tryouts take place in January for the spring season and July for the fall season.
- All students: A $50 fee must be paid before the start of the season. Students will not receive uniforms until this enrollment fee has been paid.
- Currently enrolled students: Fees for lacrosse are covered in your enrollment packet. All equipment: helmets, uniform, stick, pads, cleats, etc. are provided.
- Non-enrolled students: The lacrosse fee for non-enrolled students is $200. All equipment: helmets, uniform, stick, pads, cleats, etc. are provided.
- All students: A $25 fee must be paid before the start of the season. Students will not receive uniforms until this enrollment fee has been paid.
Athletic schedules, including practices, games, and tournaments, are posted on TeamSnap and the NorthStar Programming Calendar. Parents/guardians will be notified via TeamSnap of any updates or changes to athletic schedules.
Please download the TeamSnap app to stay updated on your student’s games and practices!
- Fill out the NorthStar application for the sport you plan to participate in (available at NorthStar)
- A TeamSnap invite will be sent to the email address in your student’s application. Make sure to check your spam folder for this invitation.
- Accept the invitation and edit any information you deem necessary on TeamSnap.
NorthStar follows the Omaha Public School calendar, which can be found here.
NorthStar also follows the OPS inclement weather closings. If OPS closes school or cancels after-school activities due to inclement weather, NorthStar will also close for all activities.
For other questions about NorthStar Athletic Programming contact: